The Call for Proposals for 2016 is closed. Decisions will be made by early October.
Registration for presenters will open at that time at a rate of $275.
The high quality presenters that thrill our attendees are the primary reason that our conference is considered amongst the top venues in the country. Presenter registration will be just $275 for the full conference, less than the super early bird rate. Whether you are a first-time or returning presenter, your presence makes a difference.
There are two types of sessions to choose from this year:
- Concurrent (1 Hour) One or more presenters addressing an audience.
- Bring Your Own Device (2.25 Hours) Presenters deliver content in a more interactive, hands-on environment where the audience brings their own laptops or other devices
We are happy to consider sessions on a wide variety of educational technology topics. We really want to hear how your students are using digital technologies in your classrooms and schools to learn. But, we would also like to feature emerging programs and practices including 1:1, BYOD, makerspaces, coding, and other innovative and collaborative projects.
Here are some tips from Marie Hone, our Presentations Committee chair, for writing a winning proposal:
1) Be thoughtful and thorough in your descriptions: Use the first few sentences to grab our attention and be succinct. The description should include the tools and ideas you will share and the technology standards you are addressing and may extend to the manner of your presentation, the research that supports your presentation.
2) Be specific in your audience, content, and grade level area selections. There are presentations that apply to general audiences, but many sessions work better when you plan with a specific audience in mind. VSTE serves many different constituent groups and we like to have sessions that target specific needs as well as sessions that apply equally to all.
3) Find ways to weave our theme, “Charting the Course, Navigating the Future”, into your session. Think of fun ways to incorporate our theme however you choose and help join in the fun of presenting at the VSTE Conference.
4) Submit! Don’t be afraid to take that far-out idea you have been mulling over and turn it into a session description. New and exciting ideas are one of the reasons the VSTE Conference is a great place to be!